"We are happy, that you are with us."

Μετάφραση:Εμείς είμαστε ευτυχισμένοι που είσαι μαζί μας.

πριν από 3 χρόνια

6 σχόλια

https://www.duolingo.com/wchargin
wchargin

Πότε χρησιμοποιούμε "ότι," "που," και "πως" για το that?

πριν από 3 χρόνια

https://www.duolingo.com/D_..
D_..
Mod

(If you'd rather read the following in english too so that it'll be clearer let me know and I'll rewrite it, no problem. :) )

Και οι τρεις αυτές λέξεις είναι ειδικοί σύνδεσμοι. Χρησιμοποιούνται στη θέση του that, και σε αντίθεση με τα αγγλικά δεν γίνεται να παραληφθούν!! Το που όμως, εκτός από ειδικός, είναι και αποτελεσματικός σύνδεσμος (=ώστε) και είναι και αναφορική αντωνυμία και μπορεί να εκφράζει και άλλα νοήματα!

Παράδειγμα: She told me (that) she will go out for a coffee > Αυτή μου είπε ότι θα πάει έξω για καφέ.

Αντί για το ότι, το πως ή το που μπορούν να χρησιμοποιηθούν σε αυτή την πρόταση. Πρακτικά όμως το νόημα της πρότασης αλλάζει λίγο με το που, ακριβώς επειδή αυτή η λέξη έχει και άλλες σημασίες. Είναι λίγο δύσκολο να εξηγηθεί αλλά θα έλεγα ότι η πρόταση "Αυτή μου είπε που θα πάει έξω για καφέ." δείχνει πιο πολύ ότι κάποιος με ρώτησε αν ξέρω ότι αυτή θα πάει έξω και εγώ απαντάω ότι, ναι, μου το έχει πει. Το ότι και το πως είναι πιο ουδέτερα σε νόημα.

Παραδείγματα ρημάτων που* ακολουθούνται από πως, που, ό,τι:

ξέρω

γνωρίζω

λέω

θυμάμαι

πιστεύω

νομίζω

*αυτό το που είναι αναφορική αντωνυμία: "Παραδείγματα ρημάτων τα οποία ακολουθούνται... "

Σε αυτή την περίπτωση που = which.

I really hope all that makes some sense. :)

πριν από 3 χρόνια

wchargin

edit: please see D_..'s corrections below

Σε παρακαλώ πολύ για την εξήγησή σου! Ναι, θα ήθελα να την διαβάζω στα αγγλικά. Let me try να το μεταφράσω!

All three of these words are special conjunctions. They are used (?) in place of the English that, and, unlike English, do not become (??? my guess from context would be "optional")!! However, they all have a joining effect; they are both relative pronouns and can be used to express other meanings!

Example: She told me (that) she will go out for coffee → Αυτή μου είπε ότι θα πάει έξω για καφέ.

Instead of ότι, πως or που can be used in this sentence. Practically, however, the meaning of the sentence changes a bit, precisely because this word has other meanings as well. It is pretty hard to explain, but I would say that the sentence "Αυτή μου είπε που θα πάει έξω για καφέ" shows that someone asked me whether I know that she will go out for coffee, and that I answer that yes, she has told me so. Ότι and πως are more neutral in meaning.

Verb examples that(που*) follow πως, που, ότι: ξέρω, γνωρίζω, λέω, θυμάμαι, πιστεύω, νομίζω.
* here που is a relative pronoun: "[Here are some] verb examples. These verb examples follow…" In this case (??), που means which.

πριν από 3 χρόνια

wchargin

Thank you very much! I've tried to translate your response—please do correct me!

So in English, "relative clause" and "adjectival clause" are synonymous, while noun clauses are different. Is there a distinction between usages like "She told me that she will go out to coffee" (noun clause) and "This is the coffee that she ordered" (relative clause) in terms of ότι/που/πως?

πριν από 3 χρόνια

https://www.duolingo.com/D_..
D_..
Mod

This is honestly a GREAT translation!! Minor mistakes really, here it is again with fixed stuff in bold and comments in parentheses:

Σε ευχαριστώ πολύ για την εξήγησή σου (I guess that's what you meant)! Ναι, θα ήθελα να την διαβάσω (simple future needed here) στα αγγλικά. Let me try να το μεταφράσω! (excellent use of subjunctive and simple future)

All three of these words are special conjunctions. They are used in place of the English that, and, unlike in English, cannot be ommitted!! However, που, apart from special, is also an inferential conjunction (=ώστε) and is also a relative pronoun and can be used to express other meanings! (My original text makes better sense in spoken greek, sorry about that.)

Example: She told me (that) she will go out for coffee → Αυτή μου είπε ότι θα πάει έξω για καφέ.

Instead of ότι, πως or που can be used in this sentence. Practically, however, the meaning of the sentence changes a bit, precisely because this word has other meanings as well. It is a little hard to explain, but I would say that the sentence "Αυτή μου είπε που θα πάει έξω για καφέ" shows that someone asked me whether I know that she will go out for coffee, and that I answer that yes, she has told me so. Ότι and πως are more neutral in meaning.

Verb examples that (που) are followed by πως, που, ότι: ξέρω, γνωρίζω, λέω, θυμάμαι, πιστεύω, νομίζω. here που (or "this που" if you go for word-to-word translation) is a relative pronoun: "Verb examples which are followed…"

In this case (correct!), που means which.

Is there a distinction between usages like "She told me that she will go out to coffee" (noun clause) and "This is the coffee that she ordered" (relative clause) in terms of ότι/που/πως?

Yes, "She told me that..." is "Αυτή μου είπε ότι..." (noun clause as you call it) and "This is the coffee that..." is "Αυτός είναι ο καφές που..." or "Αυτός είναι ο καφές ο οποίος..." (relative clause). In the first case you can use πως instead of που but in the second not.

The relative clause can have which instead of που. Which is o οποίος, η οποία, το οποίο (ενικός αριθμός) και οι οποίοι, οι οποίες, τα οποία (πληθυντικός αριθμός). They are relative pronouns, with cases like standard adjectives. O οποίος etc is favoured when που creates confusion or is repeated:

• Confusion:

Έχασα το κουτί με τις φωτογραφίες που μου έδωσε χθες. = I lost the box with the photos that (he) gave me yesterday. The question is, does "that" refer to the photos or the box? See below how replacing που with which in greek clears this up completely in each case.

Έχασα το κουτί με τις φωτογραφίες τις οποίες μου έδωσε χθες.

Έχασα το κουτί με τις φωτογραφίες το οποίο μου έδωσε χθες.

• Repetition

Η καθηγήτρια που διδάσκει μουσική έχει μια φωνή που μαγεύει τα παιδιά. (The professor that teaches music has a voice that enchants the children.)

Η καθηγήτρια η οποία διδάσκει μουσική έχει μια φωνή με την οποία μαγεύει τα παιδιά.

πριν από 3 χρόνια

wchargin

Σε ευχαριστώ! Είναι πολύ ξεκάθαρο.

πριν από 3 χρόνια
Μάθε Αγγλικά αφιερώνοντας μόνο 5 λεπτά τη μέρα. Δωρεάν.