"It is a strawberry."
Translation:Det er et jordbær.
If you're having trouble with the letter "æ", you have a few options.
If you're on a mobile device, you can...
- Try to hold down "a", and see if "æ" appears as an option.
- Install an international keyboard.
- Install a Norwegian keyboard.
If you're on a computer, you can...
- Click the letters provided to you below the input field.
- Install a Norwegian or international keyboard.
- Learn the ALT-codes for the Norwegian characters.
When referring to something which has yet to be introduced, we default to the neuter form.
Once it has been introduced, and we want to refer back to it, the pronoun takes its gender from the noun. In this case, the noun (et jordbær) is neuter, so the correct pronoun would still be "det".
"Det er et jordbær. Det smaker søtt."
"It's a strawberry. It tastes sweet."
"Det er en bil. Den kjører fort."
"It's a car. It drives fast."