[Immersion Suggestion]: Add a "Submit this sentence for peer review" button
I propose that Duolingo adds a button named "Submit this sentence for peer review" . It was initially suggested/asked by the user "hehahn".
This button would serve cases such as:
- Users are confused about the meaning of a sentence;
- There is a disagreement on the best translation (aka Edit-War);
- A document has been in limbo for many months/weeks/days; and
- The sentence has many corrections and upvotes, but is still marked as needing a check.
The functionality(purpose) of the button would be:
- Once X people request a review, submit the sentence for review;
- "Send a notification (stream) to all YYYY language learners (learning from the language XXX) about a sentence needing review for those who enabled it;
- Maybe block further edits to that sentence until sentence is reviewed;
- The sentence would be submitted to a special area or tab in immersion which would host all problematic sentences or alternatively a discussion would be created for it with votes for possible sentences (jrikhal's idea);
- Users vote on best possible translation, and once it is done, the sentence is submitted back to immersion with a Certified/ Peer Reviewed Icon; and
- Maybe high tier users votes carry more weight than lower tier.
This would be a good way of preventing/resolving Edit-wars and potentially improving the overall quality of translations in immersion.