"What is he doing?"
Translation:Hva driver han med?
What exactly does å drive (med) mean as a verb in isolation? Is it ever used by itself as the other verbs used to portray continuous-ness are? (ligger, sitter, står...)
- "Båten drev ut på havet" "The boat drifted out to the sea"
'to run (a business)'
- "Hun driver en gård" = "She's running a farm"
'to do (something)'
- "Han driver og pusler" = "He's solving a jigsaw puzzle"
'to chase (off/away)'
- "Den driver bort fiskene" = "It's chasing away the fishes"
'to wander about'
- "He drev rundt i byen" = "They wandered about in the city"
In German there is no continuous form. So I would use the word "gerade": Was macht er gerade?