Dictionaries for Russian
These are the best dictionaries for learning russian:
While it's not perfect, my favorite on-line dictionary is the Reverso Dictionary, which can be found at: http://dictionary.reverso.net/russian-english/ It's free, and if you register there are additional features. One of my favorite features is the fact that for most words, they provide dozens of examples of actual use. I like it.
Here's what I reckon...
- context.reverso.net (words + short phrases+ AI audio)
- multitran.ru (larger corpus of individual words but no guaranteed quality)
- translate.google.com (Gist reading Russian > English)
- translate.yandex.com (Gist reading English > Russian)
- ru.wikipedia.org (proper nouns + places)
- en.wiktionary.org (word breakdowns, full inflections + word family and etymology)
Regarding apps, reckon context.reverso is one of the most user-friendly. The interface is preferable to multitran etc.