Difference between тут and здесь?
Is there any? Since the button to make discussions in sentences isn't working, I'm asking here.
They are interchangeable in this course (if not—it is a mistake). We simply do not have any sentences (AFAIK) that would where one of them sounds OK and other does not.
Тут is considered more colloquial, which does not pass the relity check very well, as does «надо».
- if you look them up in the Russian National Corpus, then you'll find that in the spoken subcorpus they are surely more popular than «здесь» and «нужно»... But they are more popular the general corpus as well. Not AS popular, of course. But let's look at the numbers: is 1250 «тут» per million spoken words vs. 837 «тут» per million written words a huge difference? It does not seem like a sign of this adverb being largely colloquial
Тут is used in set expressions where you cannot use здесь:
- тут же = right away, immediately
- И тут... = And then ... (narrative device, so to say)
- не тут-то было! = far from it! (in narative, when an expectation is broken)
- тут и там = here and there (arguably)
Тут is also a bit more abstract. I think, if by "here" you rather mean situation, the likeliness of «тут» over «здесь» increases.
TL:DR version: they are interchangeable outside set expressions, and you need to know both because they are popular as hell over all styles of speech and writing you care about (and even a few that you do not care about).
It's a joke. Literally it means "Here is not here for you". The joke is implying that the speaker intended to say "here we have different rules than you guys are used to", but in Russian it uses two different words for "here" instead of actually contrasting it with anything, resulting in nonsense.
Thaaaat would be a story worthy of being written with a needle on the corner of an eye. Basically, вот is associated with a pointing gesture "here", drawing your attention to something specific of immediate relevance.
Which has numerous uses, about 17 of which are well listed but might scare off a beginner (besides, they are easy to group into larger blocks, if you are not that nitpicky).
Здесь/тут just mean "here". As in, "this place".