Russian: Phrases of exasperation.
Hi! I just started learning Russian along with my brother and my girlfriend. I'm looking for some good Russian phrases expressing exasperation, shock, or disappointment that aren't generally regarded as (too) offensive.
Things along the lines of: Oi vey! Good grief! Oh boy... Crap! My goodness! Uh-oh. Oops...
Things like that. Any help is appreciated! Thanks! JTaubel
- Блин! (literally "pancake", but in fact this could be an euphemism for a more rude word)
- Чёрт! (Devil!)
- Ёлки! (this, again, is a euphemism for a curse word), also all kinds of derivatives: Ёлки-палки! Ёлки-моталки! Ёлки-метёлки! Ёлки зелёные!
- Ёшкин кот! (a euphemism again)
- Упс! (oops! made Russian)
- Ничего себе! (Really?), also more colloquial Нифига себе! Ни хрена себе! (euphemisms for ruder words) - these express surprise or shock
- O боже... - Oh goodness - expresses surprise or exasperation