https://www.duolingo.com/profile/0liwia

Skipped 3 levels by taking a shortcut...

Hi,

I know that might sound a bit ridiculous, but as I had 3 levels left to the next shortcut, I took the shortcut test. And I passed. But I obviously don't know yet about the stuff that is in the 3 next lessons.

It's a bit of a shame I think, because it showed the shortcuts take at random sentences from all the previous lessons. So I just had to hope only a few words from the lessons I haven't done yet would show up, or at least as multiple choice questions. And it also shows you can pass lessons and practice without really knowing the stuff.

Now, I'm just gonna re-do all the lessons I skipped anyway, but I think it's worth pointing out there's an easy way to cheat, and I personaly think practice and tests should be a bit more difficult :-)

EDIT: Also, I just checked my vocabulary list, and ALL words have just been strengthened as "reviewed 9 minutes ago". Obviously even the ones I still haven't seen even once. I get it does make sense to make them appear somehow in my list, but why erase the history of those I did learn previously?...

November 29, 2013

0 Comments

Learn a language in just 5 minutes a day. For free.