Fluency malfunctioning on iPhone app?
Last month, I finished my French tree on the iPhone app but still was sporting a 10% fluency. As I kept my bars gold, it would routinely fall to 8%, then climb back slowly to 9%, maybe to 10%, but never higher in a whole month's worth of consistently maintained full-tree gold status.
I started Russian on the website (since it hasn't come to the app yet), and, suddenly discovering the wonders of lesson notes (!) and translation discussions (!!!), decided to try French on the website.
And suddenly I was at 9%... then 10... then 11, then 12! In about 50 XP of practice sessions and doing no better than usual!
I'm going to go work my Spanish (also perpetually capped around 10%) and see if the same thing doesn't happen. Does anyone have similar experiences?
UPDATE: I just did a mere 20 XP of Spanish practice on the website and went from 9% all the way to 15%.
EDIT: After 30 more XP of new lessons, I jumped from 15% to 22%. The problem has to be with the app.
Yes, I don't use the app, but by all reports the fluency remains very low if you use the app. You can't take it personally.
I did the English from Russian tree, and with it all gilded, my fluency was at 4% LOL. Apparently the app doesn't communicate one's fluency to the website properly.
Most of the languages I care about don't have the fluency shield anyway, but it's not just you, for what it's worth!
I honestly don't care beyond the fact that it's there and that I want to know WHY it's not as high as it could be. It's my competitive nature.
Mostly I just hope I've cracked a key component to why it's not working. I know a lot of people are frustrated.