"Mamy wspaniałego syna."
Translation:We have a wonderful son.
December 23, 2015
6 CommentsThis discussion is locked.
This discussion is locked.
Generally speaking - yes, but like usually in Polish, there are some exceptions ;)
- banan, burak, hamburger, pomidor, stek and other masculine non animate nouns that are names of plants, dishes or fruits/vegetables act like animate and take the acc=gen.
- company brands and names of their products - camel, fiat, szampan - do as well
- games (tenis, golf)
- currencies (dolar, funt)
- and some other which I can't categorise (pech, strach) - as well
Some triva: mind that sometimes the same homonym can have differnt declension, depending on the meaning:
- 'zamek' ('castle') - acts like non-animate ('Widzę zamek/Nie widzę zamku')
- 'zamek' ('lock') - acts like animate ('Widzę zamek/Nie widzę zamka')