"Are you a writer?"
I wonder why "Jesteście pisarzami" has been marked as a correct translation for "Are you a writer"? Wouldn't the plural make it "Are you writers"?
I tried reporting this a few days ago but both options are still marked correct (in the multiple-choice question), so maybe there just is something I'm not getting? The only situation I can think of where the English translation would make sense is when a group of people is working under a single pen name, but that's a little far-fetched.
Are you sure? Can you upload a screenshot? "jesteś" really had to be here and indeed you cannot create a correct answer without it. But I have never seen a proof that a needed word really wasn't there, so if you can, please take a screenshot and upload it here, 'cause that would be a very serious bug that has to be put to the developers' attention. If there's proof, of course.
No, that would mean "are y'all a writer?"
Formal pronouns work like that:
- (Czy) jest pan pisarzem? (addressing a man)
- (Czy) jest pani pisarką? (addressing a woman)
- (Czy) są panowie pisarzami? (addressing more than one man)
- (Czy) są panie pisarkami? (addressing more than one woman)
- (Czy) są państwo pisarzami? (addressing a mixed group)