Duolingo is the most popular way to learn languages in the world. Best of all, it's 100% free!

https://www.duolingo.com/GeniusJack

What course have you applied to build?

GeniusJack

I know that there are many people who have applied to build new courses, and have either not heard back from the Duo team yet, or gotten the chance to begin work on the course. So out of curiosity, what course have you applied to build? How long have you waited? What makes your language worth learning?

2 years ago

1 Comment

[deactivated user]

I've applied to work on Belarusian course for Russian speakers maybe some 5 months ago ago, never heard anything back.

But now I'm not sure I really want to build a Duolingo course. It would be cooler to have an open-source app. Duolingo is too opaque, it has too many secrets, it can't be re-used (for example, I can't download sentences and do something cool with them). An open-source course would be really nicer. ^^" Maybe I should try doing somehting like that one day.

Belarusian is interesting if you want to get to know Belarusian culture. Few of us speak Belarusian often in our daily life, so it's not required for getting around if you just go to Belarus for a few days, but it's essential to get a better understanding of Belarus.

EditDelete2 years ago