according to the dictionary "farma" is
- a farm in English speaking country
- a farm specialized in some kind of products
-a farm that is specialized in animals
- a country estate including ground and buildings, also also a unit of agricultural production
- household things
- all the home and family matters
- all of activities and things with running a home
- agricultural production unit
from http://sjp.pwn.pl/szukaj/gospodarstwo.html, translation mine.
Doesnt the english 'works on the farm' means that he s maybe fixing up the building itself or something ? While more farm-specific activities (doing the hay, feeding the animals etc) would be 'work at the farm' ? I might be wrong, that s why i m asking, in order to understand what the polish sentence actually means. Thanks !