How to keep your streak on Duolingo.~
Seeing that I've survived my 588 streak. I though maybe I give some advice how to stay motive and keep your streak. (Helpful or not. Here we go.)
1) If you are tired. Lazy. Unmotivated. Just do the easy ones. That's right, you can't go wrong with a quick 10 points. It might be 1 or 3 times around for some people to get to 10. But it will add up fast.
2) If you are away from the internet, ask a dear friend or sibling, to look after your Duolingo account until you are in control again.
3) Putting Duolingo on your phone can be the quickest way to access it before the busy day hits.
4) Play with a friend on Skype. Share Screen. Give eachother hints. c: Making funny stories. Why answer is the answer. It's more fun with 2 honestly!.
5) Do it for 3-5 minutes in the morning. Or right when you point thing drops back to zero. Keep track when it resets. Mines 10PM. 11PM. 12AM. For some strange reason. ( I always get a mini heart attack when it's at zero again. XD)
6) Don't over do Duolingo. You get sick off it. Take it easy. And stick to 10-30 points a day.
(7) Buy the freeze streak. Haven't used mine yet but that thing can save your life. https://www.duolingo.com/show_store
(8) Ask a active friend to remind you. XD Let them poke you about it.
(9). Do Duolingo while walking, working out, cooking, waiting for food, watching TV, or the times you are bored. XD
(10) You can do it!!! You know you can! :D
I'm not there yet. Maybe next year will be my year. But the key to learning to languages is believing you can. Even if your vocabulary isn't massive. Believe you can. You are a powerful actor/ actress :>
Anyway I don't know if I'll survive this year. XD So I'll take another shot. Not to show off. But you never know when a storm will creep up.
Anyway happy language learning, don't doubt yourself, keep trying, find you best way of learning and keep those streaks up :>
No lingots please. I got enough language candy in this belly. XD
Maximize commute time!
I tend to do just a bit on my way into and back from work, while waiting for my train. Many times this has helped me get to my goal on a day I'm too slammed to think much about it.
Great tips! The streak freeze saved me while I was on vacation. I lost three hours in the time change and wasn't able to start working on my lessons until almost midnight. I was in the middle of the second one when the clock struck twelve, but thank goodness I had the streak freeze in place.
I had 290 streaks and lost them on purpose. I was really fed up and worked on my French only because of the streaks. I asked myself: "Why do something you already can just to keep your streaks?" I felt really stupid doing the first lessons just to keep the streaks. I took a break that lasted almost two months . I spent the time reading a French novel. Now I feel much better. I can enjoy doing DL again.
However you want. ^_^ This is for people who want to keep up a streak. But yeah I see that must have sucked! And maybe a big relief to get a break!
Thanks for advices. They are really helpful and sometimes I use some of them)
Cool. There working on a Vietnamese course for English. I can't wait to explore your language. : >
Don't know if it works but you can also let Duo send you an e-mail to remind you that you have not done the homework today.
Yeah my email's full with that. It would probally work better with an outlook. Not everybody checks their email everyday. So it's a habit. Or writing a note somewhere.
Clearly this is a very individual thing. I don't do most of the things you recommend, but still have a good-sized streak.
Thanks for your post. Those are some great tips.
Another motivating factor for some people can be keeping track of your name and your friends on a leaderboard. You and others here qualify for the Streak Hall of Fame:
Those under 300 can sign up for the Junior Streak Hall of Fame: