New languages for 2016
This is a post about all of the languages that are coming this year. Keep in mind that some of these languages that are late in coming out, the contributors of that particular language are probably still working on it or the Duolingo team is helping to fix it. I will also give the status of the language: If it is late, soon, or coming. Here are the languages:
Chinese speakers (1)
1. Spanish for Chinese speakers |Estimated by April 14, 2016(Late)
English speakers (7)
1. Greek for English speakers |Estimated by May 5, 2016(Soon)
2. Hebrew for English speakers |Estimated by June 10, 2016(Coming)
3. Hindi for English speakers |Estimated by Aug. 15, 2016(Coming)
4. Hungarian for English speakers |Estimated by May 29, 2016(Soon)
5. Klingon for English speakers |Estmated by Aug. 1, 2016(Coming)
6. Romanian for Englsih speakers |Estimated by Aug. 31, 2016(Coming) 7. Swahili for English speakers |Estimated by July 1, 2016(Coming)
French speakers (1)
1. Portuguese for French speakers |Estimated by Sept. 18, 2016(Coming)
Italian speakers (2)
1. German for Italian speakers |Estimated by July 30, 2016(Coming)
2. Spanish for Italian speakers |Estimated by Dec. 6, 2016(Coming)
Russian speakers (1)
1. Swedish for Russian speakers |Estimated by Dec. 4, 2016(Coming)
Spanish speakers (2)
1. Gurani(Joparà) for Spanish speakers |Estimated by April 14, 2016(Late) 2. Esperanto for Spanish speakers |Estimated by June 24, 2016(Coming)
Thai speakers (1)
1. English for Thai speakers |Estimated by April 25, 2016(Soon)
Turkish speakers (2)
1. French for Turkish speakers |Estimated by Dec. 18, 2016(Coming)
2. Russian for Turkish speakers |Estimated by Dec. 31, 2016(Coming)
And for reassurance, here are the languages released in Beta:
Arabic speakers (3)
1. French for Arabic speakers
2. German for Arabic speakers
3. Swedish for Arabic speakers
English speakers (2)
1. Ukrainian for English speakers
2. Welsh for English speakers
Russian speakers (2)
1. French for Russian speakers
2. Spanish for Russian speakers
[Spanish speakers](https://incubator.duolingo.com (1)
1. Catalan for Spanish speakers
Turkish speakers (1)
1. German for Turkish speakers
If I missed something or you have a question you want to see up here, please contact me on my stream. If you want to check yourself, go here. If you think this helps, please up-vote and comment down below that it helped. Please no comments that contain the following: profanity, harassment, sexuality, racism, and any other mean comments. If comments do contain profanity, harassment, sexuality, racism, and other mean comments, you will be noticed of your actions and reported by a mod. I hope I helped some new users and users whom don't know the languages that are coming out this year. Wishing you all the best of luck and studies,
I want that language also and it is great that you are enthusiastic about Hebrew.
Guaraní?! i had no idea! is this the first native american language in here?
Perfect! It will be interesting to see it... Soy australiano, pero entiendo basta español para hacer el curso :P
Nice! (small correction though, it's "bastante" or better "bastante bien" not "basta")
Haha, yeah I knew it was wrong but couldn't remember what it should be. I haven't used Spanish regularly in years... he olviado mucho. I still mostly understand it though. I took a Basque course through Spanish a little while ago, although that hurt my brain.
avrichard, that's Euskera right? i realized recently that in my university they're doing a course about Euskera, i was thinking wether i should do it some day.. i don't really know much about it
I have to admit though that i'd rather learn a native language from my own country first, like Mapudungun or Rapanui which i know it's unlikely that i'll see them in here.. still very happy that there is Guaraní and hopefully people add more native american languages
I couldn't help but notice, Greek is estimated to come the day before my birthday! XD
Oh, and could you make a beta section? Like, which languages are in beta and which aren't? This is a great post! :D
EDIT: It helped! ;)
Looks good, except Czech's estimated release is in April 2017, not 2016. =P
No, what she said. I mean, some languages go through estimation dates after estimation dates after estimation dates! So I guessed that was her estimation date. (Sarcastically) But then I checked and I was wrong. Lol
Lol Can't blame me. I wrote these down and accidently put Czech. It was past my bedtime :)
A recommendation: for the non-manually set dates (you can see it on the incubator page where the updates are) I would not use an exact day but a month.
See here the last release of the Weekly Incubator Update ("Weekly Incubator Update: Tracking Progress from April 3rd to April 10th").
You may want to enter in contact with its author to avoid both be doing a duplicate work. ;)
EDITION: I had forgotten the word "avoid", edited. ;)
Okay, but how? May you explain how we would be able to do a duplicate work? Thank you
May you explain how we would be able to do a duplicate work?
It's quite what's happening right now: both of your discussion and the WIU are listing the courses that are in the incubator with their date of estimated release.
So it's like doing the job twice, one being the duplicate of the other and vise-versa.
EDIT: I noted there was a missing word in my previous comment. Sorry. ;)
Nice post. It will be very useful for the community. Good jobbbb :) gives you a present of 20 lingots
Do you think that people could create an elvish and cherokee language for everyone?
I'm not sure if a moderator or admin would agree to this, but you may want to ask a moderator to sticky this!!! It is all important : )