https://www.duolingo.com/pbhanney

New Spanish Exercise Order

I had a new student start in my class a few weeks ago and I have noticed that she had some lessons that are slightly different than mine and the rest of the class. I am completely okay with changes in the curriculum. I know that using a website as my "textbook" that the curriculum will be updated. I even understand that it will be updated without notifying me, which I am okay with as well.

My concern is this: When I go to add assignments into schools.duolingo.com, the new lessons are not there and the old ones that were removed are still there. Is there a plan to update this as well in the future? Will old accounts be updated with the "newer" curriculum?

4/29/2016, 5:10:35 PM

1 Comment

https://www.duolingo.com/jrikhal
Mod

Some context: when volunteers taking care of the course create a new version, Duolingo starts by A/B testing it (in a nutshell, half the users have the tested new version and half the current version and Duolingo compare the results for each groups).

Will old accounts be updated with the "newer" curriculum?

At the end of the A/B test, everyboby will have the same version.
If the A/B test conclusion is positive, then yes all accounts/users are switched to the new version which becomes the only and official version (until potential future new one).
If the result is negative, the group that was having the tested version will go back to the current one.

I had a new student start in my class a few weeks ago and I have noticed that she had some lessons that are slightly different than mine and the rest of the class

As far as I have heard from staff, accounts that are in a classroom can't be put in the group of users with the tested tree, exactly to avoid such situation.
My guess is that

1. either there is a bug on your student account
  2. or, their system takes the precaution described above only for accounts that are in a classroom at the moment when the A/B test starts. But if the user joins a classroom after having been put in the A/B test's group that have the new version, they'll keep it (to avoid users/students to switch back and forward between the two version if the enter/quit classroom.
4/29/2016, 9:38:04 PM
Learn a language in just 5 minutes a day. For free.