"They are taking our children."
Translation:One biorą nasze dzieci.
About groups of people:
- oni- a group that includes at least one male person
- one- a group that contains only female people
About anything else:
one- all plural things, animals,
oni - groups that include male person, groups that include a woman and animal of masculine grammatical gender, personificated animals, when referred to as male "person" (my dogs=moje psy=one; Ghost and Summer=oni)
Does brać take accusative?
(I notice that "dzieci" is the form for several cases).
Also is there a good resource to find which case each verb takes, as we're learning many new ones :)
Hi, brać takes Accusative. You can try Polish Wiktionary for the cases, e.g see brać, look for składnia to see the cases. Not every verb will have entries for składnia.
- M. is mianownik (kto? co?) - Nominative
- D. is dopełniacz (kogo? czego?) - Genitive
- C. is celownik (komu? czemu?) - Dative
- B. is biernik (kogo? co?) - Accusative
- N. is narzędnik [(z) kim? (z) czym?] - Instrumental
- Ms. is miejscownik [(o) kim? (o) czym?] - Locative
- W. is wołacz - Vocative