"She eats the apple."
Translation:Cô ấy ăn táo.
"Trái" (south of Vietnam) and "quả" (north of Vietnam) are all classifer for fruits (and for a few sphere-like objects). "Cái" is a classifer for general objects or things. Vietnamese has an awful lot of other classifiers for certain things as well. Below are some examples:
- An orange: 1 trái/quả cam.
- A mango: 1 trái/quả xoài.
- A bomb (sphere-like object): 1 trái/quả bom.
- A mountain (sphere-like object): 1 quả núi (never heard anyone says "trái" for "núi").
- A fan: 1 cái quạt
- A slap (in the face): 1 cái tát (vô mặt).