I figured making learning fun gives better results. I got some french tongue twisters that I particularly like. They also help in acquiring the French accent. Start slowly but as you progress quicken up. You could show your friends and laugh at the meanings. Hope it helps. Bonne chance!
Tongue twisters ( be sure to get it really twisted ^^)
1) Si mon tonton tond ton tonton, ton tonton sera tondu. *If my uncle shaves your uncle, your uncle will be shaven.
2) Je suis ce que je suis, et si je suis ce que je suis, qu’est-ce que je suis ? *I am what I am, and if I am what I am, what am I ?
3) Cinq chiens chassent six chats. *Five dogs hunt six cats.
4) Un chasseur sachant chasser chasse sans son chien. *A hunter who knows how to hunt hunts without his dog.
5) Fruits cuits, fruits crus (repeated). *Cooked fruits, raw fruits.
6) Poisson sans boisson est poison. *Fish without drink is poison.
7) Didon dîna, dit-on, du dos d'un dodu dindon. *Dido ate, it is said, from the back of a fat turkey
These were great. Isn't there one about a green snake? Here is a Lingot for you.