My microphone is not recognized by duolingo, despite the fact that my microphone works.
Yes, I have had the same problem for about a week now, in both French and Spanish. I've checked my settings in Control Panel and tested the microphone with another app and everything is fine there. I am using Chrome on a PC.
I've also tried all the things that it says in the Help section - checked that Flash is installed, disabled browser extensions, restarted browser, etc.
The problem was that this app only works with an android device and I was attempting to use the app on my home computer.
Well, the app used to work with the microphone on my home computer up until about a week ago, so maybe the app has changed. Seems odd. I read somewhere that they are rolling out a new version of the app, so maybe that will solve the problem or maybe it is the cause of the problem.