"I want to go to school."
Translation:Dw i eisiau mynd i'r ysgol.
October 28, 2016
No, not a mistake. This pattern is explained in the course notes.
Welsh uses a definite article with places that we go to habitually. English is in cinsustent in this:
- Dw i'n mynd i'r swyddfa. - I am going to the office. (my usual office)
- Mae hi'n mynd i'r ysgol/eglwys/capel heddiw. - She is going to school/church/chapel today. (her usual school/church/chapel)
- Dw i'n mynd i'r gwely. - I'm going to bed.
- Dyn ni'n mynd i'r dre. - We are going to town. (our nearest/usual town)
- Bydda i'n mynd i Aber yn y car. - I'll be going to Aber in the car. (my usual car)