https://www.duolingo.com/jorma1998b

Regina

I started 5 weeks ago with Spanish2,3 in the HS. I have six groups and use it mostly for homework during the weekend. Many students are engaged and overdo activities beyond what is assigned to them. This is good and bad. Then it depends how it reflects on my side, if I can see that they did an assignments 2 weeks ago, that's fine with me, sometimes it doesn't show up in my side and they argue that they already did the assignment, but then in the students' side it doesn't say when did they complete the assignment. They should have the ability to generate their own report. [I just found the 'view activity log' per student, and this the thing I'm talking about. Do they have the same view on their side?]

Grading is still a struggle, I would like to be able to generate a summary report that shows for each class, the activities given last Friday and broken down by 3 cat, on time - late - missing. Then I can give grades quickly. Also, would be ideal to produce a report that shows those students whom have accumulated the largest # of points, some of them have twice or 3 times more than the average, those kids can be rewarded or exalted in the hall of fame. Same with percentage of proficiency, they are always boasting about the 25% or so fluency.

The other issue is assessment. I'd like to generate quizzes that cover recent or specific topics/units, and have the students take them in class, where questions show up to them in random order. This tests would give me some reassurance that students are doing their own work and not having someone do it for them. Questions would take the form of multiple choice, fill in the blank, true/false, translate, type what you hear, matching, etc.

Thanks for all the hard work you are producing to help people learn other languages, you are true heroes.

November 23, 2016

0 Comments

Learn a language in just 5 minutes a day. For free.