French grammar book
Without having the comments for iOS I am planning on buying a French grammar book. I gladly appreciate any reccomendations on which book I should get.
Since this post is about French, could you move it to the French forum? More of the people who are interested in French will see it there, and it will help keep this forum easy to navigate for those who aren't currently studying French.
Don't delete it and create a new one, just click edit, and change the topic from Duolingo to French. Here's a guide on how to move a post: https://www.duolingo.com/comment/16609773.
It depends on your level of French, for example A1, A2, B1, B2, etc. Levels explained: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_European_Framework_of_Reference_for_Languages
There are two books that I really like
- Grammaire Essentielle, A1+A2 (Didier)
- It combines grammar with audio (45 dialogues)
- Colourful illustrations and a range of different exercises
- 675 exercises with answers
- Contains a useful table of conjugations
- Chapters are short: 3-4 pages long
They offer a lower intermediate (B1) book as well
Les 500 Exercises de Grammaire (Hachette)
- From elementary (A1) to upper intermediate (B2)
- Variation of exercises which progress in difficulty
- Longer chapters but includes a range of vocabulary
- Lots of illustrations and the rules are explained in a simple way
- No audio
Other popular books (cover A1-C2): Exercises de Grammaire in Context, Hachette Grammaire Progressive du Français, CLE