Translation:We had some difficulty arriving at the top.
I put we have had instead of we had. It is marked wrong but i don't understand why. To me, that is what it says. Abbiamo= We have, avuto= had. Please explain.
'A few' and 'some' are both given as translations for 'qualche' but 'a few' is marked wrong. Why?
"Few" and "a few" are used only with plural objects, while "qualche" is used only with singular objects. "Difficulty" can be both countable and uncountable and "some" can be used with either.
- qualche difficoltà (singular noun, but plural meaning)
- (a) few difficulties (countable, plural)
- much difficulty (uncountable)
- some difficulty (uncountable or countable, singular)
- some difficulties (countable, plural)