Swahili is now on mobile :)
I just saw Swahili on iOS.
Join Swahili club? 75CFWS
Congrats to the Swahili team!
I joined the club but I won't be learning on mobile for a while. Some reasons:
- It took me 5 minutes to get through one lesson. So many exercises
- Oh yeah, the exercises were very repetitive. The same sentence again and again
- I forgot how much I detest mobile. The tapping exercise to make sentences makes me shudder. I hate it. I haven't seen the matching exercise, so hopefully in the two months I was gone it was removed but I'm assuming Swahili just doesn't have it.
- Out of the 30 some exercises I did, I translated English to Swahili once. I have noticed this course is worse than most others at translating to target language. I rarely ever translate to Swahili on desktop either. It is increasingly difficult for me to translate to Seahili.
- Reporting. I don't see why Beta courses go on mobile. The report feature has two options, "My answer was correct" and "other error". You can't even describe your error. I am currently trying to help the Swahili course and reporting everything I find, and I can't do that with this Mobile app very well
When this course enters phase 3 I might be back. By then I'm hoping to have gone through the entire tree at least three times so I can help remove the errors
Are you on iOS? I'm pretty certain I have more reporting options available on the app than just that (on Android). I actually find that I have that problem with the mobile version of the web interface. If I use Duolingo on the web on my phone, I can't report anything, but if I do that on my tablet (at least in landscape mode), I can. Weird.
I was surprised when I saw this. Romanian hasn't even made it to the mobile yet. I'm progressing very slowly because I find that the spelling of a number of the words is very similar, and the course is very strict about what answers you can give ("good morning" versus "have a good morning, etc). But I'll take the opportunity to practice it wherever I am
Please read our updates for more info!