Cannot change the Interface language
My account language is English, but I'm based in China, so clicking on Duolingo "Home" redirects me to the Chinese home page, where I can't even login, because it does not recognize my email and password. Switching the language (the dropdown list next to the login button) doesn't work; I select English from the list, and I see the address bar change from duolingo.cn to duolingo.com, then to duolingo.cn again. It seems as though regional settings override customization.
Please proceed to the next step if one failed:
- Have you tried going to http://en.duolingo.com/? (You can find the address in the language panel, see the longer blue arrow in the image below)
- You may login through the Chinese main page, I think the rest should be in English, because your base language is English for the course you're taking.
The numbered red instructions are steps to logging in, blues are extra details:
- If you're not using the "sign up" form instead of "sign in" (not trying to create a new account), and your credentials are correct, it's possible (and curious) that Duolingo.cn doesn't work with accounts created on Duolingo.com.
In that case, I can't think of any solution other than the first step above, or trying an e.g. Canadian VPN. However, I tried a Cisco connection to a US server (which is fairly thorough) and an online proxy server, but failed to get the redirection from .cn to .com.
(You might want to submit a bug report here to inform the team)
(Minor edit for formatting and clarification)
(Major edit on possible reasons for the site not accepting credentials, and numbered steps)
(Re-uploaded a numbered image and edited the text)
(Minor edit for clarification)
(Minor edit, two spelling mistakes)
Thank you for the explanation (and for going through the trouble of preparing the visual guide). I clicked on the Duolingo English link you provided, but got redirected to the Chinese page again. As I explained in my first post, I failed before to login with my credentials and failed, but I tried again after reading your suggestions, and this time I succeeded. So for now, I’ll assume I misspelled my credentials before, and if the problem occurs again I’ll submit a bug report as you said. Thank you very much for the advice.
It's no trouble, I'm glad to help! Perhaps our Chinese users can provide you with a workaround, but that's it to my knowledge :D
Hi, Arachnje. The problem you mentioned is probably because of the auto re-direction occurring when the home page (http://www.duolingo.com) is loaded. Therefore, you may get access to the .com home page by working around the re-direction. Since the buttons "Home", "Activity", "Discussion" are working through Ajax mechanism, they do not refresh the page when being hit, the following steps are available.
- Go to a page included in the .com domain, say, your profile page (https://www.duolingo.com/Arachnje).
- If you are already logged in, hit the "Home" button.
- If you are not logged in, just log in with your account, and then hit the "Home" button.
- The ".com home page" should be there waiting for you.
PS: just as I mentioned, the page being build through Ajax means that you should stay at the ".com home page" unless you refresh the page. So don't refresh the page nor hit F5 key, otherwise the ".cn home page" would appear again. In this case, repeating the steps above will bring you back to the ".com home page".
Hope it helps. :)
Actually, I also noticed this too. And yet, there were also few times that hitting Home after logging in also redirected me to the Chinese homepage. Also, I noticed that there are times when the Chinese homepage accepts my credentials, and times when it doesn't (but I assumed that I might have misspelled my credentials). Currently, I bookmarked my profile page and I go everywhere from there, but if I ever clear the history of my browser, I expect to experience the same glitches again.