i am really interested in the Nordic languages
one language i would like to learn, in addition to Icelandic, is Faroese. does anyone know where i might find info on that one?
Beware: It's the same format as Icelandic online and Icelandic Online is very addictive. (not that that's a bad thing ;)
Google it. "Faroese courses online for free" Google'll have something, surely.
Q. Can you give some links about Faroese?
- Language: Faroese: Chat: Online: With: Native: Speakers: http://www.Lang-8.com
- Language: Faroese: Chat: Online: With: Native: Speakers: https://www.mylanguageexchange.com/Country/FaroeIslands.asp
- Language: Faroese: Flash: Card: Memrise: https://www.memrise.com/courses/english/faroese/
- Language: Faroese: Flash: Card: Quizlet: https://quizlet.com/14368864/faroese-course-flash-cards/
- Language: Faroese: Information: Omniglot: http://www.omniglot.com/writing/faroese.htm
- Language: Faroese: Information: Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faroese_language
- Language: Faroese: Keyboard: http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/faroese.htm
- Language: Faroese: Radio: RadioGarden: http://radiogarden (use FireFox, Chrome seems not to work)
- Language: Faroese: Verb: Verbix: http://www.verbix.com/languages/faroese.shtml
- Language: Faroese: Video: YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=faroese+language
If you don't mind me asking, why Faroese? It's quite similar to Icelandic, except Icelandic has far more resources, literature and speakers.
hi, i just like learning languages that arent necessarily "normal" languages to learn. i find that learning languages that most dont know about gives me a way to learn how each language evolved into what it is today. just interested in learning all Germanic languages, as well as all Slavic ones too, like Rusyn, Slovene and Macedonian
thanks! i didnt know about that site, i dont think. i think it would be neat to read the old Norse sagas in the original, which they say you can if you know Icelandic
Memrise has several Icelandic courses you can take, such as this one https://www.memrise.com/course/356674/learn-basic-icelandic-2/ . It's great for understanding basic sentence and grammar structure along with basic vocabulary. I use it often because Duo doesn't offer an Icelandic course because I, too, enjoy the language. There are also a few Faroese courses on there, I believe if you just search them. Good luck!