Duolingo is the most popular way to learn languages in the world. Best of all, it's 100% free!

https://www.duolingo.com/ElCoronelEsponja

When is the 'sentences' tab coming back?

Before the technical problems that resulted in the end of immersion, we had a tab on the 'Discussion' pages that allowed us to browse through sentences on our courses, and answer questions that people posed about them. Since January, this has no longer been available, but unlike immersion, wasn't announced as being deleted. Instead, it was claimed, it would come back along with Activity, but it has never reappeared.

This was a useful feature because it meant those with questions could be helped by fellow learners, and didn't have to wait for moderators, contributors or admins to come along. Personally speaking, I also found that teaching others about language / grammar points I've learnt is a great way of reinforcing the learning in my head, especially when someone then tells me "No, you've got that wrong. Here's why..."

Lastly, I would never claim this as fact, but I like to think that many of our user contributions helped to relieve the pressure on said moderators, contributors and admins to answer hundreds of questions a day, and spread the 'work' more evenly.

So, is it coming back or not? If so, when can we expect it? It will be a shame if not, but it would be nice to know either way.

1 year ago

0 Comments