https://www.duolingo.com/JohnBrower3

Unofficial Finnish course - Chapter three, lesson seven - Clothes - Finnish word of the week #8

Finnish Word Of The Week -

Week one - hai - shark (noun).A sentience that you could use this word in: Hait metsästävät ruokaa matalassa vedessä.- The sharks are hunting for food in the shallow water.

Week two - sierain - nostril (noun). A sentience that you could use this word in: Vasen sierain.-Left nostril.

Week three - kello - watch (noun). A sentience that you could use this word in: Hopeinen rannekello.- Silver wrist watch.

Week four - vastustaa - oppose (verb). A sentience that you could use this word in: On hyväksyttävää vastustaa toimintoja joista olet eri-mieltä.- lt is okay to oppose actions you disagree with.

Week five - hattu - hat (noun). A sentience that you could use this word in: Punainen huivi näyttäisi hyvältä tuon hatun kanssa.- A red scarf would look nice with that hat.

Week six - matematiikka - math (noun). A sentience that you could use this word in: Suosikkiaineeni koulussa on matematiikka.- My favorite subject in school is math.

Week seven - kalenteri - calendar (noun). A sentience that you could use this word in: Merkitsin vuosipäivämme kalenteriin.- I marked our anniversary on the calendar.

Week eight - lepakko - bat (noun). Two sentences that you could use this word in: Lepakot roikkuvat oksasta syöden vesimelonia.- The bats are hanging from a branch eating watermelon. / Lepakkoroikkuu oksasta. - The bat is hanging from the branch.

Clothes:

• hattu-hat

• paita-shirt

• käsineet-gloves

• housut-pants

• sukka-sock

• kenkä-shoe

• takki-coat

Previous lessons

Please tell me what you think about the lesson, and if I should do more Finnish word of the week. And please tell me if I should continue The "Unofficial Finnish course"? It takes me too long to make these lessons to have them deleted. :(

Näkemiin.

1 year ago

0 Comments

Learn a language in just 5 minutes a day. For free.

Learn a language in just 5 minutes a day. For free.