Duolingo is the most popular way to learn languages in the world. Best of all, it's 100% free!

https://www.duolingo.com/PatrickOsa

Luxembourgish Lessons #31: The Passive Voice, Ep. VI: Conditional and Conditional Perfect Moods

PatrickOsa

Welcome to number thirty-one of the Luxembourgish lessons, which will discuss how to form the conditional and conditional perfect moods in the passive voice

Recommended Lessons

The Conditional Passive

Back in lesson #23, I discussed forming the conditional mood, which involved the conditional conjugation of the main verb (ex. Ee géif drénken -> one/you would drink).

In the passive voice, the conditional mood requires the conditional conjugation of ginn and the past participle. An example of this formation with the verb héieren is shown below:

héieren - to hear

Quick Note:

The past participle of héieren is, indeed, héieren. Why that is I cannot say.

The Conditional Perfect Mood

In lesson #24 , I discussed forming the conditional perfect mood, which involved the conditional conjugation of an auxiliary verb (either sinn "to be" or hunn "to have") and the past participle of the main verb (ex. Ee hätt gedronk -> one/you would have drunk).

In the passive voice, the conditional perfect is formed with the conditional perfect conjugation of ginn and a past participle. Once again , I'll use heieren as an example:

I should point out that in this form, ginn will always act as the main verb of the clause, therefore the auxiliary verb will always be sinn and never hunn.

Prior Lessons

Next Lesson

1 year ago

0 Comments