https://www.duolingo.com/rednaxela4

Custom learning schedule/reminders

I love the reminders by email and iPhone notifications, but I wish I could make my own customized schedule. I am studying more than one language at the same time, but at varying degrees of seriousness. In other words, some languages I want to study every day, but some languages are not as important to me at this point in my life, so I want to study them only every other day or every two days. I know that studying every day is the best way to achieve fluency, but with an interest in a number of languages, that is simply not a practical (or, some would say, useful) approach. I figure that if I study more seriously or in depth on some days, and focus on other languages on other days, then I will remember better.

I study Japanese and Russian every day on my own, and my level is higher in those (If only they were in DuoLingo!), but I am also interested in other languages, including German, French, Spanish, and Chinese. Obviously this is too much to do all at the same time, and I feel that learning several European languages at the same time could become confusing, as well.

Basically, all I'm asking for is some additional customization options for the reminders. If I could receive some reminders every day and other ones only on certain days, that would be ideal. Have other users requested such a feature? Thank you!

February 26, 2013

0 Comments

Learn a language in just 5 minutes a day. For free.