Duolingo is the most popular way to learn languages in the world. Best of all, it's 100% free!

https://www.duolingo.com/JohnBrower3

Unofficial Finnish course - Chapter three, lesson nine - Furniture - Finnish word of the week #10

Finnish Word Of The Week -

Week one - hai - shark (noun).A sentience that you could use this word in: Hait metsästävät ruokaa matalassa vedessä.- The sharks are hunting for food in the shallow water.

Week two - sierain - nostril (noun). A sentence that you could use this word in: Vasen sierain.-Left nostril.

Week three - kello - watch (noun). A sentence that you could use this word in: Hopeinen rannekello.- Silver wrist watch.

Week four - vastustaa - oppose (verb). A sentence that you could use this word in: On hyväksyttävää vastustaa toimintoja joista olet eri-mieltä.- lt is okay to oppose actions you disagree with.

Week five - hattu - hat (noun). A sentence that you could use this word in: Punainen huivi näyttäisi hyvältä tuon hatun kanssa.- A red scarf would look nice with that hat.

Week six - matematiikka - math (noun). A sentence that you could use this word in: Suosikkiaineeni koulussa on matematiikka.- My favorite subject in school is math.

Week seven - kalenteri - calendar (noun). A sentence that you could use this word in: Merkitsin vuosipäivämme kalenteriin.- I marked our anniversary on the calendar.

Week eight - lepakko - bat (noun). Two sentences that you could use this word in: Lepakot roikkuvat oksasta syöden vesimelonia.- The bats are hanging from a branch eating watermelon. / Lepakkoroikkuu oksasta. - The bat is hanging from the branch.

Week nine - tyytymätön - unsatisfied (adjective). A sentence that you could use this word in: Nainen on tyytymätön. - The woman is unsatisfied.

Week ten - hävitä - lose (verb). A sentence that you could use this word in: Pelaaja hävisi korttipelin. - The player lost the carrd game.

Furniture

• tuoli-chair

• pöytä-table

• Vuode-bed

• kirjahylly-bookcase

• kirjoituspöytä -desk

• tiski-counter

• hylly-shelf

• pesuallas-sink

Lesson one, chapter four may be delayed due to something going on for me next week.

Next lesson [https://www.duolingo.com/comment/22085037]

Previous lessons

Last lesson

Please give me your feedback about the lesson, and the Finnish word of the week in the comments.

näkemiin.:)

1 year ago

5 Comments