The word "book" in Danish?
In the lessons I see bog as the word for book and at least two places in later lessons where bøg is the root. Does the spelling of the root of the word change depending on the suffixes?
Bog is one of those nouns with an irregular plural form.
Edit: Some other nouns with irregular plural forms are:
- En mand (a man), mænd (men)
- Et barn (a child), børn (children)
- En and (a duck), ænder (ducks)
- En hånd (a hand), hænder (hands)
- En gås (a goose), gæs (geese)
- En tand (a tooth), tænder (teeth)