"Rwber mawr"

Translation:A big eraser

April 14, 2017

1 Comment


For the Americans among us who may be sniggering: a rwber is a "rubber" in the sense of a little thing that rubs out pencil marks on paper: an eraser.

The word can also refer to the substance "rubber" that e.g. tyres are made of. (The name of that substance in English comes, I believe, from its use to rub out pencil marks.)

Rwber doesn't seem to be used for a condom in Welsh.

April 14, 2017
Learn Welsh in just 5 minutes a day. For free.