"I am fat because I eat a lot!"
Translation:Eu sunt gras din cauză că mănânc mult!
April 27, 2017
8 CommentsThis discussion is locked.
This discussion is locked.
Indeed, you could say
- Eu sunt gras din cauză că mănânc mult! (this variant has a negative vibe like you are blaming the fact of being fat on eating a lot)
- Eu sunt gras datorita faptului că mănânc mult! (this variant has a positive vibe as if you are thankful of eating a lot for making you fat, think of it as saying thanks to in English)
- Eu sunt gras pentru că mănânc mult! (this one is neutral)
- Eu sunt gras deoarece mănânc mult! (this one is also neutral)
Even native Romanians sometimes fail to understand such subtleties leading to phrases like
- Am un job mai bun din cauza ta. (I have a better job because of you - with the negative vibe) which should be datorită ție (thanks to you - positive vibe). Note that in this scenario we cannot easily use pentru că or deoarece without introducing other words in the sentence.
We can also be ironic, just like in English, and say
- M-am rănit datorită ție (I got hurt thanks to you) instead of non-ironic din cauza ta.