https://www.duolingo.com/torz0r

Voice recognition - nothing happens, only sometimes!

So I've had really unpredictable voice recording behavior. 90% of the time, everything is fine--it records, it tells me if I'm right, the end. 10% of the time, it records--I can see the little graph go up and down so I know it's registering my voice--then I click stop, and then... nothing happens. It doesn't tell me if I'm right or wrong. So I will click record again, say something (the graph goes up and down), click stop... and again nothing. There's no continue button, just the "I do not want to use a microphone" button.

The only fix is to close out and re-do the entire the lesson. I have tried this in both Firefox and Chrome, thinking it was a browser issue. Same problem in both, though, in updated browsers NOT running extensions.

Any idea why I'm getting this behavior? What can I do to fix it?

If Duolingo can't fix this for whatever reason, can I at least request that there be SOME button on the recording page, like "It's not working" or "Skip this one," so that I can continue the lesson without a) restarting the whole thing; or b) completely disabling the microphone, then having to re-enable it in settings?

March 17, 2014

0 Comments

Learn a language in just 5 minutes a day. For free.