Missing features and problems on the website and in the iOS app
Just an information what I think about the last update: After the last update recently I got the new website without the activity stream, the quiz and the quiz history, but with advertisments. And I observed also other changes:
- The keyboard shortcuts still work only partially on Firefox 53 (IE 11 still works) - this is really annoying because I use only Firefox as my preferred browser and the timed practice has become very, too hard without them. The shortcuts only work, if I activate the question area with the mouse on every new screen/question.
- In the schema, where we can see, how many xp we and our followers have, the information for one day is missing - I used this information
- In the time after the changes I saw no comment option in the "Report a problem" function anymore
- Also in the time after the changes, in the "Report a problem" function, there seems to be fewer options than before, i. e. i missed sometimes also the option "My answer was correct."
- The "Quiz History" is still in the list, but I get an http 404 error, If I click on it
- Btw: I want the Quiz back, because I used it regularily to measure my success
- The button to review all answers and proof the failed answers at the end of an exercise disapeared - I used this often to check, where I failed and to learn, how to answer correctly. I want this option back
- Twice the system marked an answer as wrong although it was correct, the third time the same answer was marked as correct - I have screenshots of this problem.
- The new health function in the app actually works over all learned languages, which is annoying. If I learn a language and made too many failures, so that I loose all "lifes", I have to wait or pay with gems or money. But I could learn other languages...but I have to wait or pay there also! For me the whole function is demotivating, especially, when I do not see any useful sense for my learning process. I think, the health function should be limited only to the language, one answered too many questions wrongly, although it seems to be only a paywall.
- The advertisments are not disturbing the exercises, thanks for that. In this way, they are displayed actually, it is ok, but they should not be more attracting.
- And I have the feeling, that the website is now much slower than before (at least today, 10th of May 2017)
- The discussion button after a question in an exercise does not work anymore (Firefox), at least some times, when there was still no discussion available, so that I couldn´t start one.
That´s all for now.
I added, that the review button at the end of every exercise disapeared - a very useful option, I think.
I added, that the keyboard shortcuts does work badly only on Firefox (53), on IE 11 they still work.
I agree with most of them I read above. And I have to ADD another crucial problem to me: I noticed that after the last update, in the section "Words", specifically in my german lessons, some words I have studied JUST TODAY, they are appeared that I have studied them BEFORE the update, a week ago or more. So this section does not help me anymore to watch my progress.
About the ads, it does not bother me personally, I understand that the conservation of this site can be costly. But at least, make this site better, or go back to the previous version, please.
Hello - I seem to be unable to open the final few rounds of testing on spanish (arts, fut. per. etc.) but I have completed all rounds until this group.
Has anyone else had this issue??
As the problems still persist and are not solved, I extended my list with a new problem (The discussion button after a question in an exercise does not work anymore...)
Just to inform you, that the keyboard shortcuts worked again today! :-)
Firefox 53.0.3 on Windows 10.