https://www.duolingo.com/SraJordan

Disabling features not working!!!

I disable the social and content featur but students are still able to buy the flirting module.

May 18, 2017

1 Comment

https://www.duolingo.com/jrikhal
Mod

Hi SraJota,

Could you relocate this discussion in the “Educators" forum? You'll be more likely to have useful answers there (and it belongs there ;) ). Thx!

To relocate it(*), edit your original post then select said forum in the drop-down menu on top-left of the edition area (see here for details).

(*) \/!\ please, don’t create a new one \/!\

Have a look to this short guide to help you knowing where to post your (future) discussions on Duolingo’s forums.

See the Support pages article "Can I disable the flirting skill for my students?".

Disabling features not working!!!

I disable the social and content featur but students are still able to buy the flirting module.

Bonus skills aren't social feature nor are "mature words" (as skills are not words themselves).
Those disabling feature isn't supposed to disable bonus skills (among which "Flirting" bonus skill), hence the disabling is working as it's supposed/coded to.

Note: When you're experiencing a problem/bug/glitch on Duolingo or more generally have a question about how Duolingo works (or should work), please do the following before creating a new discussion:

1. start by looking if there is a solution described in the Support Pages.
    If there are no solutions there,
  2. Use the forum search-engine to search for older discussions about the same subject. Don’t hesitate to make various searches with different keywords and make searches combining several keywords/expressions using standard logical operators (&&, ||) and/or quote marks.
    If you don’t find anything,
  3. read in the Troubleshooting forum the last days new messages — scroll down (and read) a few pages of the tab “New” of said forum — to see if anyone has already started a discussion about the same issue. If nothing in the “New” tab, try the "Popular" tab of the same forum.
    If nothing there,
  4. check the few sticky messages of the "General" forum (for English speakers) to see if there is an announcement related to your issue.
    If still nothing,
  5. post your question in the appropriate forum (see this short guide to help you knowing where to post your (future) discussions on Duolingo’s forums).
May 18, 2017
Learn a language in just 5 minutes a day. For free.