https://www.duolingo.com/mohamed17040

Completed the Spanish Tree

So first of all, thanks to the Duolingo team for this amazing app. I would never have kickstarted my language learning without the app. I found the application after hearing about, firstly in Colombia (was travelling around there without knowing any Spanish at all) and my friend finally convinced me to download the app upon returning home and safe in Denmark.

So how long did it take to complete the tree?

I have been learning since 2017-02-12. I started of strong and was doing the exercises everyday in a month, but lost interest due to a heavy workload and was hereafter inactive for around a month before starting again. So I redid the parts that I had done before again and from there and now 52 days later i have completed the whole tree!

It became and obsession and a goal, and the OCD tickled in me every time that the exercises wasn't gold. But now 52 days later, i have finally completed the Spanish tree. So what's next?

First the pro's and con's.

Pro's

• The app is amazing for beginners. Everyone, whatever background and ability can start learning
  • It's really cleverly designed and with a lot of different exercises
  • A big kudos to the design team

Con's

• Really ❤❤❤❤❤❤ that you don't learn any grammar. I have really struggled with that part.
  • Pretty ❤❤❤❤❤❤ that you really don't learn necessary and handy sentences. They really should incorporate phrases that travelers could use.

They really should do some fun exercises with the grammar rules and include a section for travelers. Personally i have downloaded the app "Spanish phrases" that have 1200 handy phrases to compensate for that.

So what's next for me?

• My plan is to learn more Spanish by the Lingvist app, and grammar by the Wlingua app, and off course continue daily on the Duolingo app, but in a much diminished rate.
  • Reading the news in Spanish. I have found the AJ+ espanol channel on Facebook/Youtube very handy.
  • Watching series in Spanish. Currently i'm watching the Colombian version of the story of Pablo Escobar (pablo escobar patron del mal) - If you have any suggestion for good series to watch, do share.

Lastly i will be travelling to Cuba and Mexico this summer for 18 days to try to use what I have learned. Hopefully during the next 4-6 months i will be able to read and speak more fluently - and then I will be focusing on learning French!

Big thanks to Duolingo team that have started my journey!

1 year ago

0 Comments

Learn a language in just 5 minutes a day. For free.