ULTIMATE GERMAN RESOURCES PAGE
Last Updated: 12:35 EST, 31 May 2017
[Please upvote this post if it was helpful or you used some of the resources so we can get this to the top posts on the German discussion page!]
Hallo Leute! Hello, guys!
This source is supposed to be a composition of general resources for everybody in the Duolingo German community, whether it be beginners or advanced learners. Please consult the resources below for help in general German learning. Additionally, if you've found any other resources online that may be helpful please leave a comment and I will be more than happy to add any resource that could help students of German. I'll respond to your comment to show I recognized the comment and added your resource to the list.
Join Our German Chat Room!
External German Courses
Learn German on Youtube
- German Children's Stories - German children's stories are read allowed accompanied w animations, German subtitles, and English subtitles.
- Free German Lessons Onlines
- Easy German - Note that they have a playlist called "Super Easy German" of videos for people just starting off.
- Learn German with Jenny
- Official Duolingo German Tinycards Set
- German on Memrise
- Top 1000 German Words
- Wiktionary - Search any German noun and be provided with information on the word, including it's different case forms.
- Leo German English Dictionary - Provides inflections of German words as well as translations.
- German: An Essential Grammer PDF
- Dartmouth College Grammar Review
- Lingolia Languages
- Wikipedia German Grammar Page
- CanooNet German Grammar - Note that the site is entirely in German, but if you are not advanced enough to read it, Google Translate works well enough in translating the site to English.
- Nachrichtenleicht - New articles that provide audio of the articles being read by native german speakers.
- DW-Nachrichten - News articles are offered in several languages, so the german version of articles can be cross-referenced with the English version of the articles.
Thanks for this. I'm only getting started with German and I think these will be very useful. To add, I find wikipedia.de to be useful as well. Most nouns have a little table showing the gender and plural form in each case which is something I am constantly needing to check.
Here's an example for Der Haus:- https://de.wiktionary.org/wiki/Haus
Here is a Blog that goes in depth about peculiarities of German. "German is easy - the blog for all who want to learn German..."
German - English dictionary
My favorite Youtube channel for learning German is "Learn German With Jenny"
I added her channel to the list. I looked over a couple of her videos too and they're great, so thanks for bringing this up to me.
Easy German and Super Easy German videos on Youtube - great for listening practise!