1. Foro
  2. >
  3. Tema: English
  4. >
  5. Help me to achieve my goal

https://www.duolingo.com/profile/orlandogarcia1a

Help me to achieve my goal

Hello everybody, my name is Orlando, And I am a Mexican. as you may know, I am not a Native English Speaker, so I need more practice and training. I have been studding the English for 9 months and I am so excited to be able to speak "well", just well, BUT IT IS NOT ENOUGH. So, for this reason I would like to have advices from you guys, you know the word is difficult and you need to study and work at the same time, so to have a good schedule and also to respect it and follow it may be difficult in the beginning, So can you give me advices in How many hours of English study is needed for improve the English, How can I get more vocabulary or how many words should I learn per week? How may reviews of vocabulary should I Study per day.

Surly I would be very grateful with you if take little bit of time to answer me these questions. Thanks, and regards Orlando Garcia

June 10, 2017

2 comentarios

https://www.duolingo.com/profile/S_e_r_9_1_0

Hello Orlando. Before replying your request, I would first like to point out some details in your post, that you may want to review...(sorry if some were just typos):

Hello everybody, my name is Orlando, And I am a Mexican. as you may know, I am not a Native English Speaker, so I need more practice and training. I have been studding (studying) the(just English) English for 9 months and I am so excited to be able to speak "well", just well, BUT IT IS NOT ENOUGH. So, for this reason I would like to have advices from you guys, you know the word(world?) is difficult and you need to study and work at the same time.So, since having a good schedule and also to respect it and follow it may be difficult in the beginning, So(that so, is not needed) can you give me advices in How many hours of English study is needed for (to) improve the English, How can I get more vocabulary or how many words should I learn per week? How many reviews of vocabulary should I Study per day?.

Surely I would be very grateful with you if youtake a little bit of time to answer me these questions. Thanks, and regards. Orlando Garcia.

Now, my reply...

I couldn't advice you the proper amount of time or words you need to practice per week or day. Because, it depends of:

a) Your current level.- I don't mean Duo's level, but your real life level. You might need less time than a beginner if you are an upper intermediate speaker ( which I guess you are). Actually, more important than quantity is quality. I strongly recommend reading english novels that a common english native speaker would read, for improving your vocabulary. And, Shadowing technique for your pronounciation and listening.

b) Your time management.- This is an imperial need. You need to:
I) Set short and long term goals. Why?, because otherwise it would not be proper learning, not even a hobby. It would be just a casual activity you do sometimes.
II) Actually doing what you need to. I don't know if you're getting this. For example, you cannot call it an hour of studying, if you're simultaneously on you're cellphone, or watching videos on youtube or with your couple/friends ( just to give some examples).
III) Be consistent. you may want to look for "The Kaizen approach"

c) Your inner motivation. Without a proper motivation all the other points don't make any sense. You, and only you have the ultimate power to get there. It's on you. It's important for you to make learning english a natural habit, such as eating, or exercising.

Or something like that....

https://www.duolingo.com/profile/JoseMiguel726976

Aprovechemos esta opción (los club) solo para nuestro smartphone. Te puedo recomendar este código (7MHVJ8) el cual Te registrará en uno de los mejores clubs con mas de 160 xp, es un tanto exigente para entrar necesitas minimo un 40 xp y tener fuerza de voluntad pues el ultimo lugar es retirado los domingos para poder entrar a otros, pero vale la pena porque es un intenso y continuo aprendizaje. Buena suerte

Aprende inglés en solo 5 minutos diarios. Completamente gratis.