Mobile App to Website?
To start off, I want to say this with a 329 day streak in mind.
I will be going on a vacation this weekend, for 2 nights. It's still in near a cell tower (I hope, I'm still not sure), and a town is nearby. Since I can't bring my computer, I thought maybe to use the mobile app on my phone.
I have never really used the mobile app anywhere. I've used it once to test it out if the XP would transfer and changes I made to the settings, and the changes and XP only appeared 5 hours later.
That's why I'm slightly nervous about my streak if the mobile app will sync with the website with a low WiFi, in a matter of a day. I've never depended fully on the app, so I hope you can see my side.
Will it link or sync enough to keep my streak going? Will I be able to continue? Or should I use a streak freeze? (I never used them before)
Thank you so much.
The three most common reasons for losing a streak, when you are using an up-to-date phone or tablet
- your daily target is set to more XP than you did yesterday.
- you are working on a phone or a tablet, and your phone / tablet hasn't been able to synchronise its data with the server.
- you have travelled across timezones, and Duolingo's using the time zone you travelled from.
It is always a good idea ....
- to have a streak freeze in place
A streak freeze allows your streak to remain in place for only one full day of inactivity.
Check every day if your streek freeze is still equipped.
- to set your daily target to a maximum of 10 XP
- to check that your phone / tablet has had a chance to synchronise with the servers.
Why would it not synchronise, even if my Wifi/4G/LTE is okay
Because Duolingo has issues in synchronising, almost every day.
Always check if your phone had synchronised with the Duolingo servers after doing a lesson. Sometimes it can take 5-10 minutes after finishing a lesson in the App.
- have always Duolingo's web version open in the browser of your phone
- set this browser in Desktop mode
- refresh your browser after each lesson in the App, and check if the amount of XP increased in the browser with Duolingo's web version.
- in case of a vacation: Check this a few days before, to become familiar with the process.
I would check after practicing to ensure your XP has been credited on the web site. Just connect using the website after doing lessons on the app and just make sure the XP has been credited.
You could also reduce your XP target to 10 or even 1 XP. If it hasn't synched, just get one question right using timed practice and you will meet your target of 1 XP.