"I do not have it."
June 23, 2017
- 持 : the right side is 寺; the left side, which looks like 才 , is actually the form of the hand radical (手) when used in left-right composition. 「もつ」, to hold is 持つ. the kanji uses the " hand" radical
- 待 : 彳and 寺 . 「彳」as in 行 (to go); 「まつ」, to wait is 待 and uses the same radical as 行く
- 時 : 日 and 寺 . The Kanji means hour (as in 九時【くじ】9:00) or time (as in 時々【ときどき】) and uses 日 as radical, 日 which means also day, there is link to the idea of time
- 侍 : イ (sort of. I cannot type the right one), which is a form of 人 (person) used in left side; and 寺 . 侍【さむらい】samurai, uses the 人 radical
- 寺 : 寺 alone (土 on top of 寸); 寺【てら】