PC vs App
I normally use the website on my computer for Duolingo, but since i was away yesterday I used the app on my mum's ipad to get my streak. It said i got my streak on the ipad, but now i'm back on PC and it says i haven't!! You could say that it just didn't save my progress, but on my tree, i still have the skill i learned, and it says i'm learning spanish from when i accidentally signed up. excuse my sudden burst of anger but WTF IS GOING ON
The three most common reasons for losing a streak, when you are using an up-to-date phone or tablet
- your daily target is set to more XP than you did yesterday.
- you are working on a phone or a tablet, and your phone / tablet hasn't been able to synchronise its data with the server.
- you have travelled across timezones, and Duolingo's using the time zone you travelled from.
It is always a good idea ....
- to have a streak freeze in place
A streak freeze allows your streak to remain in place for only one full day of inactivity.
Check every day if your streek freeze is still equipped.
- to set your daily target to a maximum of 10 XP
- to check that your phone / tablet has had a chance to synchronise with the servers.
Why would it not synchronise, even if my Wifi/4G/LTE is okay
Because Duolingo has issues in synchronising, almost every day.
Always check if your phone had synchronised with the Duolingo servers after doing a lesson. Sometimes it can take 5-10 minutes after finishing a lesson in the App.
- have always Duolingo's web version open in the browser of your phone
- set this browser in Desktop mode
- refresh your browser after each lesson in the App, and check if the amount of XP increased in the browser with Duolingo's web version.
- (in case of a vacation: Check this a few days before, to become familiar with the process).