PC vs App
I normally use the website on my computer for Duolingo, but since i was away yesterday I used the app on my mum's ipad to get my streak. It said i got my streak on the ipad, but now i'm back on PC and it says i haven't!! You could say that it just didn't save my progress, but on my tree, i still have the skill i learned, and it says i'm learning spanish from when i accidentally signed up. excuse my sudden burst of anger but WTF IS GOING ON
stick to pc, because if you don't have service to use on your portable device than you can't switch course or maintain a streak, so yeah, stick to pc.
The three most common reasons for losing a streak, when you are using an up-to-date phone or tablet
- your daily target is set to more XP than you did yesterday.
- you are working on a phone or a tablet, and your phone / tablet hasn't been able to synchronise its data with the server.
- you have travelled across timezones, and Duolingo's using the time zone you travelled from.
It is always a good idea ....
- to have a streak freeze in place
A streak freeze allows your streak to remain in place for only one full day of inactivity.
Check every day if your streek freeze is still equipped.
- to set your daily target to a maximum of 10 XP
- to check that your phone / tablet has had a chance to synchronise with the servers.
Why would it not synchronise, even if my Wifi/4G/LTE is okay
Because Duolingo has issues in synchronising, almost every day.
Always check if your phone had synchronised with the Duolingo servers after doing a lesson. Sometimes it can take 5-10 minutes after finishing a lesson in the App.
- have always Duolingo's web version open in the browser of your phone
- set this browser in Desktop mode
- refresh your browser after each lesson in the App, and check if the amount of XP increased in the browser with Duolingo's web version.
- (in case of a vacation: Check this a few days before, to become familiar with the process).