Duolingo is the most popular way to learn languages in the world. Best of all, it's 100% free!

https://www.duolingo.com/GregoriusAlanus

Japanese from English Audio Issue

I hope this is the appropriate forum for this - I could not find an existing Japanese from English troubleshooting thread, but then I find the discussion search system a little confusing.

Anyway, I have noticed that some lessons do not include audio playback for answers. For instance, while learning "Time", it might ask one to translate "It is 1:01" into Japanese, and after selecting the correct hiragana blocks, arranging them in the correct order, and checking the answer, it does not play the audio of the sentence. This is a little frustrating when I am trying to ingrain the sounds associated with the symbols.

I understand this is still under development, but I thought others might be experiencing the same frustration and I was wondering if this is something the development team is aware of and working on.

All in all, it really is amazing, and I am so happy to be learning Japanese again after an aborted attempt 15 years ago; it never would have happened but for the Duolingo Japanese team!

ども ありがと ( ゚ヮ゚)

1 year ago

3 Comments