DUO SAYS I LOST MY STREAK BUT I PRACTICED EVERY DAY. SECOND TIME, VERY FRUSTRATED.
I logged in to duolingo on my mobile device today and it said my 96 day streak was lost. I have not missed a single day since the first day I started and this is the second time it says I have lost my streak, then wanted money to restore it. I am very frustrated with this. I have been doing DUO personally since February and am a teacher and have considered recommending it for our school. However, with no real way to contact duo about these incidents it seems like a stretch. Anyone know how I can contact duo. None of the feedback options works, not one.
Losing a streak is a common complaint from people using the Duolingo App
(For users of the web version (www.duolingo.com) I see complaints from people, who are using outdated browsers and/or operating systems.)
The three most common reasons for losing a streak, when you are using an up-to-date phone or tablet
- your daily target is set to more XP than you did yesterday.
- you're working on a phone or a tablet, and your phone / tablet hasn't been able to synchronise its data with the server.
- you've travelled across timezones, and Duolingo's using the time zone you travelled from.
It sounds like the second one is the more likely.
It's always a good idea ....
- to have a streak freeze in place if you're concerned about your streak
- to check that your phone / tablet has had a chance to synchronise with the servers.
(Source: The comment of hughcparker in
Why would it not synchronise? My Wifi/4G/LTE is okay
Because Duolingo has issues in synchronising, almost every day.
Always check if your phone had synchronised with the Duolingo servers after doing a lesson. Sometimes it can take 5-10 minutes after finishing a lesson in the App.
- have always Duolingo's web version open in the browser of your phone
- set this browser in Desktop mode
- refresh your browser after each lesson in the App, and check if the amount of XP increased in the browser with the web version.
No, never thought I needed it. I never missed a single day's practice and never left the time zone in which my account was created. I am really frustrated, especially since there seems to be no legitimate way to contact Duolingo about it. They say I can restore my streak for 4.99. So upset.
Did you change your daily goal and set it higher? I'm asking because the goal and the streak are connected.
I have a question: do you want to learn a language or have a high streek? I don't understand such problems...
Well, let me put it this way. Since it seems that daily practice (that is every day) is the best way to learn a language on DUOLINGO, the streak would represent daily practice, and therefore by extension, learning, which duolingo now says I did not do.
Ok, never mind. Everyone is different. But I think your problem is that you were learning on the app offline and didn't synchronize it. In that case it's possible to lose a streak.