"Is she the lady of the house?"
Translation:Ea este doamna casei?
July 22, 2017
5 CommentsThis discussion is locked.
This discussion is locked.
Hey. Romanian here. It has nothing to do with being the last word or not, it's about the noun being articulated or not and about the case the noun is in.
- Doamnă = lady
- Doamna (articulated) = The lady
- Doamne = ladies
- Doamnele (articulated) = The ladies
- Ea este o doamnă = She is a lady (general statement)
- Ea este doamna care lucrează aici = She is the lady that works here (a specific lady => a marks the English the)
- Este o pisică = It is a cat (general statement)
- Este pisica mea = It is my cat (a specific cat, a marks the English my)