I may be late to the party but, why exactly did they turn off "Immersion"?
It was a great f-ing way for a not-so-advanced learner to improve their skills. I used to translate dozens of articles in a weekend. I didn't even use the main learning system anymore, because Immersion I learned so much more in less time, and it was more fun.
I searched for why they turned it off but didn't get any satisfactory answer. Has anyone figured out why duolingo did it?
Could you relocate this discussion in the “Troubleshooting" forum? Which is the place meant for such discussion. Thx!
To relocate it (*), edit your original post then select said forum in the drop-down menu on top-left of the edition area (see here for details).
(*) \/!\ please, don’t create a new one \/!\
Have a look to this short guide to help you knowing where to post your (future) discussions on Duolingo’s forums.
Has anyone figured out why duolingo did it?
See the Support Pages' article "What happened to Immersion?".
I searched for why they turned it off but didn't get any satisfactory answer.
Note: When you're experiencing a problem/bug/glitch on Duolingo or more generally have a question about how Duolingo works (or should work), please do the following before creating a new discussion:
- start by looking if there is a solution described in the Support Pages.
If there are no solutions there,
- Use the forum search-engine to search for older discussions about the same subject. Don’t hesitate to make various searches with different keywords and make searches combining several keywords/expressions using standard logical operators (
||) and/or quote marks.
If you don’t find anything,
- read in the Troubleshooting forum the last days new messages — scroll down (and read) a few pages of the tab “New” of said forum — to see if anyone has already started a discussion about the same issue. If nothing in the “New” tab, try the "Popular" tab of the same forum.
If nothing there,
- check the few sticky messages of the "General" forum (for English speakers) to see if there is an announcement related to your issue.
If still nothing,
- post your question in the Troubleshooting forum.
I only heard about it from other users, but from what I heard, there was an extreme amount of spamming, plagiarism, and cheating. Just way too much. It sounded like a great way to learn though, not including the spamming. The post that announced it's end had over 1100 downvotes. I hope this helps.