Duolingo is the most popular way to learn languages in the world. Best of all, it's 100% free!

https://www.duolingo.com/Stergi3

Clubs in the web version?

Stergi3

I think clubs is one of the most successful products in Duolingo. The option to make a club with your friends or to make a small community, to compete with others and share your progress, a kind of meta-network actually, that is a network in a network, makes clubs an excellent tool to boost language learning. Duolingo added lately the possibility of commenting open and free. So as to exchange experience, even to help each other, functioning as a scaffold to share knowledge in collaborative learning and much more. I consider clubs as one of the most important and excellent ideas that Duolingo launched so far.

I would like this option, to make a club, to administrate it, to coach it, and to make a fruitful tool in language learning exist in the web version too. Ok, there are problems like the different grading system, but Duolingo can solve it, as for instance these two Duolingo versions can have different clubs. After all everybody chooses which version is better for him for language learning, depending on his style and more. Ok, there are the classes for the web version. But classes is a school-oriented tool, and it is used so. Clubs is and can be a different tool of similar value.

11 months ago

7 Comments