"아이는 연필을 돌려요."
Translation:A child spins a pencil.
September 10, 2017
There is a family of verbs related to 돌다 that are relevant in this section:
- 돌다 means "to turn, spin (itself)"; this verb does not require an object
- 돌리다 means "to turn, spin (something)"; this verb requires an object to turn
- 돌아주다 means "to return (something)"; this verb requires an object to return
- 돌아오다 means "to come back"
- 돌아가다 means "to go back"
Here are some example sentences:
- 연필을 돌아요 = "The pencil turns (itself)."
- 아이는 연필을 돌려요 = "The child turns/spins the pencil."
- 아이는 연필을 돌아줘요 = "The child returns the pencil."
- 아이는 돌아와요 = "The child comes back."
- 아이는 돌아가요= "The child goes back."
Villager News: One day, a really huge thing happened, A child spins a pencil